How to Join
We are excited that you are interested in joining our Pack!
If you haven’t done so already, we encourage you to join us at one of our meetings on Tuesday nights at 7:00 PM. You can find the address on the homepage. If you have any questions you can also contact us through email at email@example.com.
Once you are ready to officially join, there are several steps to take:
- Submit a membership application for your scout
- Fill out Medical Form(s)
- Submit your clearances
- Get your scout his uniform!
- Be ready to have fun!
1) Submitting an application:
Applications are now done online. To apply to our pack please visit https://my.bsa.us/544paa0048mb. There you will need to follow the instructions to fill out the form. Upon completion it will ask you to pay dues. These dues are the National dues and are prorated for the remainder of the year. The Pack also has Pack-specific dues that you will need to pay to the Pack, which are also prorated based on when you join. The online application will accept credit cards and may allow you the option to pay in person by check (depends on council’s setup).
2) Fill out Medical Form(s):
Your scout and any other family members who will participate in outdoor activities such as day outtings and/or camping will need a medical form filled out and turned in prior to the activity. The forms are good for a year and is available at this link: Medical Form. The form has three sections; A, B, and C. Only A & B are required for most events (less than 72 hours) and they can be filled out by the parent without a doctor’s signature. For events that are longer than 72 hours, which is typically only Webelos summer camp, Part C will need to be filled out and signed by your doctor.
3) Submit your clearances
- Report of Criminal History from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP), cost – free, 10-15 minutes online to complete. state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services, cost – free, 20-30 minutes online to complete. compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Fingerprint-based FBI criminal history clearance submitted through the Department of Human Services, cost – $25.75, 5-10 minutes online and 10-15 minutes at the fingerprinting location*.pa.cogentid.com/index_dpwNew.htm
*Special note to save $25.75 Pennsylvania volunteers and parents who have resided in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the past 10 years continuously can submit a Disclosure Statement Application for Volunteers in lieu of the fingerprint-based FBI Clearance.
Once complete please upload to: http://tinyurl.com/qc6fhfm and then also provide the Pack with copies (emailed scanned copies are preferred).
4) Get your scout his uniform
Uniforms can be purchased from the York Scout Store. The uniform guide is available here. Remember as a Pack we do not recommend or require the uniform pants, just the hat, neckerchief, slide, shirt, and belt for Tigers through Webelos and of course the t-shirt and hat for Lions. Uniforms are worn to each Pack Meeting, the last meeting of each month where awards are handed out.
5) Be ready to have fun!
We hope to see you at all of our meetings and events!